- About TLA
- Be A Member
- Attend Events
- Career Resources
- Texas Libraries
- Members Only
Session "spotlights" from the New Members Round Table (NMRT) (#6)
Here is the sixth set of "session spotlights" (see the end of this blog post for background):
This set of spotlights comes from the New Members Round Table (NMRT) chair, Kimberly Herrington. The link is to the full description on the mobile optimized website. You can always search for the sessions and add them to your schedule in the mobile app by clicking on the star icon in the upper right hand corner of the app.
Here are the recommendations from NMRT with comments from Kim:
- New Members Standing Tall: Links to Leadership (free online registration required) – sponsored by NMRT & TALL Texans Round Table – This pre-conference provides a great opportunity to learn the basics of TLA, meet representatives from TLA’s divisions, districts, & round tables, and hear from TLA leaders like Maureen Sullivan and some TALL Texans. And it’s free!
- TLA New Members Reception – sponsored by NMRT – A quote from one of last year’s attendees: “Okay, so it's not a program, but I met a lot of new people at the last one and made some great connections. And the game we played was a great ice breaker. It's a really great way to interact with others in a low pressure way (especially for those that are new and shy).”
- My First Librarian Position – Lessons Learned for a Great Career - sponsored by Conference Program Committee and NMRT – If you’re looking for your first librarian position, you want to be sure and check out this panel of new librarians. They will talk about their job hunting as well as their beginning job experiences.
- Revolutionary Leadership in Changing Times – sponsored by Public Libraires Division (PLD), NMRT, Supervision, Management, and Administration Round Table (SMART), & TALL Texans RT – A good session for new and experienced librarians! Eli Neiburger, a 2011 Library Journal Mover and Shaker, talks about the need for innovative leaders in today’s libraries.
- Leveraging Your Skills: Rewrite that Resume and Market Yourself – sponsored by Special Libraries Division (SLD) & Reference Round Table (RRT) – Whether you’re looking for your first librarian position or something new, this session can help you with tips for improving your resume and your interviewing skills.
You can find all the information you need for conference on the 2012 conference page - register, book hotel reservations, fill out your session preference form, download the mobile app, and lots more!
Read the first set of session spotlights from the Intellectual Freedom Committee
Read the second set of session spotlights from the Interlibrary Loan and Resource Sharing Round Table
Read the third set of session spotlights from the Automation & Technology Round Table
Read the fourth set of session spotlights from the Public Relations & Marketing Committee
Read the fifth set of session spotlights from the Library Support Staff Round Table
What are "session spotlights"?
Recently we asked the chairs of TLA units (divisions, round tables, interest groups, and committees) if they had sessions that they were sponsoring or that other units were sponsoring that they would like to shine a little spotlight on before conference to let people know about them. These could be sessions that they felt needed a little extra publicity, they were personally excited about, or felt that they were highly topical to their membership or the TLA membership as a whole.
Created on Mar 22, 2012 | Last updated February 18, 2013