- About TLA
- Media Room
- Officer Resources
- Services & Resources
- TLA Blog
- TLA Office
- Be A Member
- Conference & Events
- Career Resources
- TX Libraries
- Members Only
TLA's PR Branding Iron Awards
About the Award
As part of TLA’s effort to solicit examples of Texas PR activities, the Association sponsors the Texas Library PR Branding Awards. TLA offers PR awards in several categories, with one Best of Show prize, announced at the Annual Conference each year.
To enter, participants must submit entries to the TLA Office:
ATTN: Texas Branding Iron Awards
3355 Bee Cave Road, Ste. 401
Austin, TX 78746
The deadline for submission is February 15 each year. If the 15th lands on a weekend, then the deadline is 5 pm the following Monday.
Julie Todaro (left) presented Austin ISD librarian Sara Stevenson the top award
All entries must include a cover letter. Letters must:
- be signed by an administrator of the library, organization, or group;
- describe the PR activity in 100 words or less;
- include the name; phone number, and email of a contact person; and
- specify the category for which the entry is submitted. (See the list under “Categories.”)
Eligible period and supporting materials: Entries may cover PR activities conducted in the past two years. All entries and supporting materials will remain with TLA. The Association reserves the right to publish any and all entries on the TLA website and in other online or print publications. Only items for which the sender has copyright ownership may be sent, and by submitting items for consideration, the submitter acknowledges that he/she has full copyright authority to assign use rights to TLA.
Format of entries: Entries should include no more than two pages of description. The bulk of the entry should include the actual products and examples of the PR effort. Supplemental materials may include, but are not limited to, photographs, scrapbooks, audio and visual materials, announcements, and documents. Please note that all audio and visual materials must be submitted in digital form. You may also submit a Web link for your entry.No audiotapes or videotapes will be accepted. Entries are submitted by mailing the application and any materials to the TLA Office at noted below.
Judging: The entries will be judged by a panel and scored according to the quality of the final product.
- Advertising: billboards, bookmobiles, PSAs, online ads (paid, comped, or on social media), radio or TV spots, etc.
- Advocacy Strategies: letters-to-the-editor, guest columns, editorials (resulting from editorial board visits), and speeches
- Social Media and Online Activities: blogs, online auctions, list announcements, etc.
- Special Events: One time special events or program
- Campaign or recurring promotionsal activiites.
- PR Planning Activities: Plans, brands, logos
- Products, Collateral Materials: give-aways, specialty items, that prized book bag, etc.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Created on Jun 7, 2010 | Last updated July 12, 2016