- About TLA
- Media Room
- Officer Resources
- Services & Resources
- TLA Blog
- TLA Office
- Be A Member
- Conference & Events
- Career Resources
- TX Libraries
- Members Only
|TLA Events & Meetings
TLA offers a diverse array of conferences, meetings, networking venues, and other continuing education opportunities. These offerings provide TLA members with an opportunity for professional development – often with CE credit – and give the public a chance to learn more about libraries, literature, and the latest in educational technology and practice.
TLA's yearly calendar includes:
Association and unit officers, committees, and task forces meet throughout the year to fulfill their specific missions.
FAMOUS FACES AT TLA CONFERENCES!
Future TLA Annual Conference Dates
TLA Annual Assembly Dates
LIBRARY PROMOTIONAL EVENTS
Freedom of Information Day: March 16: Observed on or near the birthday of James Madison, "Father of the Constitution" and advocate for openness in government.
- El día de los niños/El día de los libros: April 30
Use TLA's Día Toolkit for Texas Librarians to enliven your celebration.
- National Library Week: First sponsored in 1958, National Library Week celebrates the contributions of our nation’s libraries and librarians and promotes library use and support.
- Poetry Month: Inaugurated by the Academy of American Poets in 1996, National Poetry Month each April celebrates poetry and its vital place in American culture.
- School Library Media Month
Children's Book Week: Celebrated countrywide since 1919 anywhere kids & books connect.
- Library Card Sign-Up Month
- Banned Books Week: Celebrates the Freedom to Read during the last week of September each year
- Teen Read Week: Observed the third week of October.
- Texas Book Festival: Usually held at the end of the month on the grounds of the Texas Capitol. Includes the release of the next Texas Bluebonnet Award Master List.
Created on Mar 3, 2010 | Last updated August 09, 2016