- About TLA
- Be A Member
- Attend Events
- Career Resources
- Texas Libraries
- Members Only
February 4, 2014 - Deadline for Scholarship Application postmark
The Public Library Division of the Texas Library Association will award four individual Scholarships (stipends) of $500 each to qualified applicants currently employed in Texas public libraries. The purpose of the PLD Scholarship is to encourage TLA and PLD membership, to advance the goals and objectives of the Association, and to provide the means for supporting participation in the TLA Annual Conference
The stipends are available for public library employees who have not attended a TLA Conference before. The purpose of these stipends is to encourage membership and participation in TLA and PLD. Recipients will gain insight into the Public Libraries Division organization by volunteering during the conference.
- Apply the Scholarship advance of $200 to TLA membership, if not currently a member.
- Attend the PLD Executive Board Meeting and the PLD Business Meeting scheduled at TLA Annual Conference.
- Attend a minimum of 3 TLA Conference or Pre-conference sessions.
- Complete a Conference Work Schedule of 4 hours.
- Submit a brief, written TLA Conference Report to the PLD Scholarship Committee Chair within 30 days of Conference. The Report will outline the experience, new knowledge, and plans for continued involvement in PLD and TLA.
- Accept the remainder of the stipend equaling $300 upon receipt of the TLA Conference Report by the PLD Scholarship Committee Chair.
IMPORTANT DATES for the 2014 Scholarships
- 4/08/2014 – 4/11/2014: TLA 2014 Annual Conference. Winners will attend and be introduced at PLD Board & Business Meetings.
- May 23rd, 2014: Submission deadline for TLA Conference Reports
DEADLINE: Submit application and letter of reference postmarked by February 4th February 10th 2014 to:
Jeannie Kunzinger; email@example.com
PLD Scholarship Committee Chair
Helen Hall Library
100 W. Walker
League City, TX 77573
An initial amount of $200 shall be made available to the stipend winners prior to the TLA Conference. The winners shall contact the TLA office (which the Scholarship Committee Chair has notified) for this advance in order to help defray pre-conference expenses. The PLD Scholarship Committee Chair will award the remaining $300 upon receipt of the conference reports.
Created on Oct 28, 2010 | Last updated February 03, 2014