- About TLA
- Media Room
- Officer Resources
- Services & Resources
- TLA Blog
- TLA Office
- Be A Member
- Attend Events
- Career Resources
- Texas Libraries
- Members Only
Young Adult Round Table
Meeting Minutes (doc & docx)
- April 2011 General Business
- April 2011 Executive Board
- July 2011 Annual Assembly Executive Board
- November 2011 Executive Board
- February 2012 Executive Board
- July 2012 Annual Assembly Executive Board
- November 2012 Executive Board
- MJanuary 2013 Executive Boardinutes-
- April 2013 Annual Conference Business
- April 2013 Annual Conference Executive Board
- November 2013 Executive Board
- February 2014 Executive Board
- April 2014 Annual Conference Executive Board
- July 2014 Annual Assembly Executive Board
The Young Adult Round Table's purpose is to promote and improve library services for young adults in Texas.
The purpose will be achieved specifically in the following manner:
• To provide for and to stimulate the professional and the career development of personnel in public and school libraries;
• To facilitate effective cooperation among library personnel in public and school libraries;
• To identify, develop, and maintain library services that will meet the informational, cultural, educational, and recreational needs of young adults of Texas;
• To work cooperatively with other round tables, interest groups, or divisions that have similar or allied interests.
Tech Camp is Back!
Here is your chance to experience a technology conference at TLA! TLA Youth Programming (TASL, CRT, YART) is working to bring a preconference day of high interest, technology-focused topics to help you integrate and use technology in your library.
For more information, please visit the Tech Camp webpage.
YART is looking for a Socia Media Manager!
The social media manager will continuously generate original content and create new ideas and campaigns for YART. The social media manager will work with other YART board members to create original content promoting the reading lists, annual conference programs, Tech Camp, and TT4L. The social media manager will be the online voice for YART and help meet the overall marketing and promotional goals of the organization.
To apply, please complete the application.
2015 MAE Award for Best Literature Program for Teens
Do you run a spectacular teen book club that engages underserved audiences? Did your summer reading program or literature festival connect teens with literature in an innovative way? Is your Reader’s Advisory always three steps ahead of a trend? Have you connected teens to literature or helped them gain literacy skills via some other exciting means?
You might qualify for the 2015 MAE Award! For more information, click here.
The Young Adult Round Table sponsors the Texas Lone Star Reading List, the Tayshas High School Reading List, the Maverick Graphic Novel Reading List, and the Young Adult Reading Incentives Award. The Young Adult Round Table also co-sponsors TT4L (Texas Teens for Libraries) and the YART-Linworth Publishing/LMC TLA Conference Stipend. The Texas Library Association sponsors reading lists solely to encourage free voluntary reading.
Membership in the Young Adult Round Table will include any individual, institution, commercial business, or affiliate who is a member of TLA and who elects to be a member of YART upon payment of the membership fee as provided by the TLA Bylaws.
If you have questions or comments for the Young Adult Round Table, contact the YART Webmaster
Created on Mar 29, 2010 | Last updated October 20, 2014