- About TLA
- Media Room
- Officer Resources
- Services & Resources
- TLA Office
- Be A Member
- Conference & Events
- Career Resources
- TX Libraries
- Members Only
Library Friends, Trustees, and Advocates Round Table
LiFTA hand for libraries!
The purpose of the Library Friends, Trustees, and Advocates Round Table (LiFTA) of the Texas Library Association is to enable library friends, trustees and other advocates to promote and foster the development of library services by
- exchanging ideas, experiences and information
- providing related programs at Annual Conference
Chair -- Sharon Castleberry
Chair-elect -- Phyllis MacMillan
Past chair -- Willie Braudaway
Sec/Treas -- Kathy Hillman
Councilor -- Carol Bartz
Alt. Councilor -- Kathy Hillman
Webmaster -- Sharon Castleberry
Executive Board Liaison -- Gretchen Pruett
TEXAS LIBRARY ASSOCIATION
Library Friends, Trustees and Advocates Round Table
SECTION I – NAME
The name of this organization shall be the Library Friends, Trustees and Advocates Round Table (LiFTA) of the Texas Library Association (TLA).
SECTION II – OBJECTIVES
The objective of LiFTA shall be to enable library friends, trustees and other advocates to promote and foster the development of library services by the exchange of ideas, experiences and information and to provide related programs.
SECTION III – MEMBERSHIP
Any member of the Texas Library Association may select membership in LiFTA. Officers must be current members of TLA.
SECTION IV – ADMINISTRATION
1. The officers of LiFTA shall be Chair, Chair-Elect, Secretary-Treasurer, Councilor, Alternate Councilor, and Immediate Past Chair.
2. Officers shall assume office immediately following the TLA Annual Conference and shall serve a term of one year or until a successor is elected. The Councilor and Alternate Councilor shall serve for three years or until a successor is elected.
3. The officers of LiFTA shall perform those duties usually attached to their offices and all duties as prescribed in the TLA Bylaws and Standing Rules.
1. A Nominating Committee of three members, elected by the Executive Board with the exception of the Chair, shall present a slate of candidates for all offices. There shall be at least two candidates for the office of Councilor. Nominations may be made from the floor.
2. Officers shall be elected at a regular business meeting during Annual Conference by a plurality of the members present. The Councilor candidate with the highest number of votes shall be elected Councilor. The candidate with the second highest number of votes shall become the Alternate Councilor.
3. In case of a tie vote, the winner shall be determined by lot.
C. Executive Committee
1. The elected officers and the Immediate Past Chair shall constitute the Executive Committee and shall administer the business of LiFTA when the Round Table is not in session.
2. The Executive Committee shall meet during the TLA Annual Conference and during TLA Annual Assembly. Other meetings may be held as deemed necessary by the Chair or a majority of the Executive Committee.
1. If a vacancy occurs in the office of the Chair, the Chair-Elect shall become Chair for the remainder of that term and also serve the term to which the Chair-Elect had been elected.
2. If a vacancy occurs in the office of Councilor, the Alternate Councilor shall become Councilor for the remainder of the term.
3. If a vacancy occurs in any of the other elected offices, the Chair, with the approval of the Executive Committee, shall fill the vacancy by appointment until the next general election.
4. If a vacancy occurs in both the Chair and Chair-Elect positions, the President of the Texas Library Association shall appoint a new Chair, who shall proceed as outlined above.
SECTION V – MEETINGS
Regular meetings shall be held annually during the TLA Annual Conference. Special meetings may be called the Executive Board. Members present shall constitute a quorum.
SECTION VI – COMMITTEES
Other committees may be created as needed by the Executive Committee or the Chair. The Chair shall appoint the members and designate the chair of each committee. The committees shall serve until their charges have been completed and reports have been accepted or until such time as the Executive Committee designates.
SECTION VII – PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
The rules of procedure as stated in the current edition of Robert's Rules of Order, Newly Revised shall govern this unit in all cases in which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with the Bylaws and Standing Rules of TLA.
SECTION VIII – AMENDMENTS TO THE OPERATING PROCEDURES
Operating Procedures may be adopted or amended at any general membership meeting of the unit by a majority vote of the members present and voting, provided such changes are consistent with the Bylaws and Standing Rules of TLA.
Created on Mar 26, 2010 | Last updated February 02, 2016