- About TLA
- Media Room
- Officer Resources
- Services & Resources
- TLA Blog
- TLA Office
- Be A Member
- Attend Events
- Career Resources
- Texas Libraries
- Members Only
Texas Association of School Librarians
Join your school librarian professional organization!
MISSION: The purpose of this organization shall be to promote library services and librarianship in school libraries in Texas and to cooperate in the promotion of general and joint enterprises with the Texas Library Association.
With more than 4500 members, TASL strives to meet the unique needs of school librarians forming ties with librarians throughout the state.
TASL sponsors numerous programs and workshops at the TLA Annual Conference. Programs include collection development, technology, author and storyteller presentations, school librarian leadership, library facilities, teacher/librarian collaboration, student research, literacy and many more.
- TASL organizes state and national legislative days to advocate for school libraries and librarians.
- TASL advocates for librarians as teachers so that school librarians are included in the 65% rule.
- TASL sponsors the School Administrator of the Year Award to promote and recognize the support of school administrators for library programs.
- TASL co-sponsors conference programs
- TASL and CRT make recommendations for members to serve on the Texas Bluebonnet Program and Selection Committees.
- TASL is working to forge a strong relationship between school librarians and parents. See our resource page geared to help school librarians work with parents.
To volunteer for TASL please use the following form: TASL Volunteer Form (doc) You may also use the following link to fill out the online form using Google Docs:
For more information about TASL committees, please visit
Here is an alternative version if you prefer PDF: TASL Committee Responsibilities and Service PDF.
Created on Apr 1, 2010 | Last updated July 10, 2015