- About TLA
- Media Room
- Officer Resources
- Services & Resources
- TLA Blog
- TLA Office
- Be A Member
- Conference & Events
- Career Resources
- TX Libraries
- Members Only
Texas Association of School Librarians
Click Here for More Information
Join us! One hundred Texas classroom teachers will have the opportunity to experience a one-day special event during the Texas Library Association conference, comprised of speakers, activities, and pricing designed just for you. A reduced fee of $155 includes full conference registration, an invitation-only breakfast, and a one-year membership to the TLA. We look forward to meeting you!
Join your school librarian professional organization!
MISSION: The purpose of this organization shall be to promote library services and librarianship in school libraries in Texas and to cooperate in the promotion of general and joint enterprises with the Texas Library Association.
With more than 4500 members, TASL strives to meet the unique needs of school librarians forming ties with librarians throughout the state.
TASL sponsors numerous programs and workshops at the TLA Annual Conference. Programs include collection development, technology, author and storyteller presentations, school librarian leadership, library facilities, teacher/librarian collaboration, student research, literacy and many more.
The TASL Legislative/Advocacy Committee leads and organizes TASL efforts in behalf of school librarians of Texas.
- TASL advocates for librarians as teachers who are essential components of a strong educational system. We actively share emerging information and technology with the legislative, administrative, and learning communities.
- TASL advocates to the state legislature and other decision-makers on behalf of school libraries.
- TASL uses the division's awards to increase understanding beyond the library community of the integral role school libraries play in the successful education of the state's children.
- Distinguished Library Service Award for School Administrators (aka Administrator of the Year)
- Shirley Igo School Library Collaboration Award
- Media/Virtual Presence Award (MVP)
- TASL co-sponsors conference programs
- TASL and CRT make recommendations for members to serve on the Texas Bluebonnet Program and Selection Committees.
- TASL is working to forge a strong relationship between school librarians and parents. See our resource page geared to help school librarians work with parents.
To volunteer for TASL please fill out this form: https://goo.gl/OM3Wkm
For more information about TASL committees, please visit: https://goo.gl/TQ01fu
Here is an alternative version if you prefer PDF: TASL Committee Responsibilities and Service PDF.
Created on Apr 1, 2010 | Last updated December 09, 2016