- About TLA
- Media Room
- Officer Resources
- Services & Resources
- TLA Office
- Be A Member
- Conference & Events
- Career Resources
- TX Libraries
- Members Only
Libraries and the Workforce
Go to project WIN resources...
See TLA Workforce Conference Powerpoints
- Fort Worth Public Library eSkills Program
- Lower Rio Grande Valley Workforce Solutions Board
- LearningExpress Resources Part I Part II
- TLA Overview of Libraries and Workforce
Libraries of all types are integral in developing an effective and competitive workforce.
Libraries achieve broad economic and educational outcomes by:
- Providing programs, technology, educational resources, and services to help people of all ages, students in all areas and levels of study, and businesses of all types meet their goals.
- Offering professional staff and facilities that allow learners to access services and information, either onsite or remotely.
- Partnering with other organizations, agencies, and businesses to broaden awareness, strengthen programs, increase efficiency, and extend opportunities to individuals and business.
Every week, Texas libraries are helping educate our current and future workforce. Libraries are also providing many programs and services to help people find jobs, business succeed, and employers benefit from a skilled workforce. And in many communities, libraries partner with local workforce solutions boards, literacy coalitions, businesses, and other stakeholders.
To learn more about workforce programs available to you, contact your local library.
The Texas Library Association is proud to announce a new campaign, WIN at the library. This program is designed to highlight the many workforce and career & college readiness programs, activities, and resources available Texas libraries.
|Resources for the Public
|LINKS||How can libraries
|Examples of resources
For Job Seekers
Online tutorials, practice exams, and much more at TexShare
For additional information, contact Wendy Woodland.
Created on Apr 3, 2014 | Last updated October 06, 2016